Discipline: - Production Operators / Technicians & Engineers
Course Title: - TPR 06 : PUMPS OPERATIONS
Course Objectives: -
- To develop basic knowledge in design and operation of all types of pumps used in Oil & Gas fields.
- To improve the participants’ skill in attending the usual and unusual problems that develops while operating pumps.
- To improve the participant's knowledge of the following: theory, design, classification and operation of pumps.
- Fundamental operating procedures.
- Correct responsive action to operational problems with pumps.
- Safe and efficient practices pertaining to the operation of pumps.
- To improve safety awareness of the participants
- The function of a pump, Theory of design and pump classifications
- Principle of operation of various pump types
- Advantages/disadvantages and applications of various types of pumps.
- Emphasis on the design/structure of a centrifugal pump.
- Principle of operation of a centrifugal pump.
- Explain the principle of pumps' integrity. Showing examples of safety systems installed in pumps (e.g. vibration probes, temp monitors, heat switches, pump protection control systems, (minimum flow controllers).
- Seal leak systems, lube oil systems, Pre-operational checks, Start up and loading
- Pump characteristics/graphs, Cavitation/air binding
- Pump shut down procedure , Pumps running in parallel and series
- Pump start - up after an E.S.D trip, pump start-up after normal
- Shut down, start up after maintenance shut-down etc.
- Pre and post course assessment
Target Audience: - Production operator / Technicians and Engineers
Course Code: - TPR 06 PUMPS OPERATION
Contact: - E mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : - 0484 4050333, 9946399930
Course Dates: - On request
Course Fee :- On request
Course Duration: - 3 days
Number of Participants: -
- Maximum 15